Puff Balls

Puff Balls

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Tim Okamura's "Loading" BLEW ME AWAY



If you are anything like me, you are blown away by this image. My picture doesn't do justice to Tim Okamura's painting called "Loading". For more information on Mr. Okamura, please see his website (http://timokamura.com/noflash.html) and his FaceBook page:



Yesterday, I took my daughter and her friend to the Davis Museum at Wellesley College. WOW!! If you are in the Boston area I strongly encourage you to visit. When I first saw "Loading" I gasped. First, I've never seen contemporary art depicting African-American women with natural hair in a museum before. Not in this way. I thought, "HEY!!! That is me!". What an exhilirating feeling to see world class art that depicts people who look like you. Second, the twin's hair is absolutely GORGEOUS! Can you say chunky twist-out and afro from heaven?!


Mr. Okamura, I haven't yet met you but I need to! :)













No comments:

Post a Comment