Puff Balls

Puff Balls

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Twist-outs with Doris New York Hair Care Products

Yesterday, I used Doris New York products (Shampoo, Mud Pack, Leave-in Conditioner, Olive Oil Hair Cream and Hair and Scalp Oil) to do my twist out and I LOVE the results. My hair feels like silk and that is saying something considering the fact that I have struggled with my hair feeling like straw. In the past, I have relied on gels and hair products that often leave my hair feeling crunchy and coated.

What I did
I first washed with the shampoo. I next applied the Mud Minerals Pack Treatment, massaged it into my hair and scalp, combed through with wide-toothed comb, applied a shower cap and sat under a hooded dryer for 25 minutes. I then rinsed out the treatment and applied the leave in conditioner. I used the wide-toothed again and it slid through my hair. I then used a rat-tailed comb to part my hair and comb out each section of hair. I used clamps to separate my hair. As I combed out each section, I applied the Olive Oil Hair Cream and twisted that section. I did this to my entire head (wow, this took HOURS!!!! I need to figure out a faster style). I then sat under a hooded dryer. Once the excess moisture was removed, I applied the Hair and Scalp Oil to my scalp and edges and put on the satin sleeper.

The Results
This morning, I untwisted my hair by coating my fingers with the Olive Oil Hair Cream. I ran my fingers through my hair and smiled. I will say that I overdid it with the hair cream because my hair felt a bit greasy. I am used to dousing my hair with product, I think I only need a little bit of this product for it to work. Overall, I highly recommend the line. The product has also yielded phenomenal results on my daughter's hair when I've done a chunky twist out on her hair. Her hair also felt like silk and her twisout lasted for a week then I was able to pull her hair into a ponytail for another week. I'll be buying this line!

A Disclaimer
Please note that Marlene Duperley (co-owner and Senior VP at Doris New York) gifted me the Doris New York products. I typically don't review products but I wanted to share the results that I got. I appreciate learning about good products and wanted to tell you about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment