Puff Balls

Puff Balls

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Heart & Soul Magazine: New Leadership


Hi everyone! If you haven't already, I suggest you RUN not walk to get the 2012 special issue of Heart & Soul Magazine (http://www.heartandsoul.com/). I have to admit that in the past I wasn't the biggest fan of the magazine: it was a great idea but lacked the best execution. Well, now that the magazine is under the leadership of George E. Curry (http://www.georgecurry.com/, remember Emerge Magazine?!) , that has all changed. The magazine has new content, new contributors and a new fan! Further, the magazine's scope has been expanded to include all women of color. By the way, I don't have a personal connection with the magazine and no one paid me to say this. I just LOVE to support excellent work!

Of particular interest for those interested in hair is the new column entitled "Tresses" by Jacqueline Tarrant (founder of the Hair Trauma Center in Chicago- http://www.hairtraumacenter.com/). I smiled when I saw that the focus of this issue's column was on exercise and hair. Whew-hew! As someone who is in an on-going BATTLE to maintain a healthy body weight, I appreciated the articles insightful candor. For example, did you know that consistent cardio exercise leads to wider blood vessels and that wider blood vessels facilitate more rapid hair growth?! HELLO! While you're working out and shrinking your butt you're simultaneously growing your hair. Ha! That works for me.

There is also a call for several 30-day challenges (think hot yoga, meditation and nutrition), a column on skin care, plus articles on health (even a dedicated column to HIV / AIDS given how it disproportionately ravages communities of color). I hope that you enjoy the magazine as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment