Puff Balls

Puff Balls

Friday, May 11, 2012

Wash and Go Hair- Eco Styler Gel and Kinky Curly Products

Hi everyone,

My Eco-styler gel, Denman Brush style lasted for four days.  Here are the results:



Pros:  This style lasted for several days and was super cute (well, it grew on me.  At first, I was not feeling it).  Also, my curls clumped together more perhaps leading to a bit more curl definition.   Cons:  it took TOO long to blow dry my hair, then apply gel, then brush it through only to end up with the same amount of shrinkage (for me, too long is an hour, plus, I'd rather find a style that doesn't require much if any heat); crunchy, crunchy, crunchy!  After a few days, gel residue started to show.

So, this morning I washed my hair and tried Kinky Curly Knot Today and Curling Custard on my wet, freshly pre-pooed hair without a brush.  Here are the results:


I LOVE it and this took about 20 minutes to do.  I could definitely do this on a daily basis BUT this style should last at least two to three days!  Whew-hew!  I did have to use my diffuser because I had an appointment and there was visible product in my hair.  Next time, I'll do my hair with more lead time so that it can fully air dry.  Plus, I'll use less product!

Thanks and this hair journey is getting REALLY fun!  I love the experimenting!  I'm starting to understand my hair and OWN it.  I am truly recognizing that it doesn't have to take a ton of time, money or product to bring out the beauty of afro-textured hair.  I'm also learning to accept and embrace my kinky texture.  Hallelujah!  Stay tuned for an upcoming video blog about this latter topic (yes, I'm venturing into vlogging, pray for me!).  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment