Puff Balls

Puff Balls

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Cross-Cultural Hair Experience at Lush Cosmetics

Hi everyone,

I had an interesting cross-cultural hair experience the other day.  My Momma (yes!  visiting from Florida) and I were shopping in the mall when we decided to peruse a new store, Lush Cosmetics.  The store's brand is based on homemade, natural products so I wanted to check it out.  I went in and admired the soap bomb fizzes (wonderful smells!) and then noticed that Lush carried hair products.  I asked a saleswoman if they carried products that might work on hair textures like mine.  She said they did and showed me a leave-in-conditioner called "R&B" (Click Here for a link to the product).  Here's a description of the product:

"Enjoy some of our smooth R & B hair stylings to control your frizzy, flyaway hair. An instant best-seller, our easy-to-use “hair finisher” uses softening ingredients of organic avocado butter, oatmeal, olive oil, extra virgin coconut oil, jojoba oil and candelilla wax because they are extremely effective for conditioning the hair and scalp. Three of our UK shop managers came up with R & B to revive and balance their wayward follicles. It works well with African American or curly hair because it conditions with a lot of moisture. And once you smell the seductive orange blossom and jasmine fragrance, your hair will truly get its groove back."

Wow, I was sold!  Well, at least I wanted to try the sample.  However, I had no idea that Lush takes its customer service so seriously.  What happened next was the first such cross-cultural hair experience I've ever had.  The White saleswoman dipped her fingers in the R&B, massaged her hands together and reached for my hair.  My eyes grew large and I thought, "Wait, is she about to DO my hair?"


3 comments:

  1. Ooh! The product junkie in me is salivating. That sounds like good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi TLD,

    I'll have to write a product review! Thanks for reading and commenting! BTW, if you're a product junkie, what are your favorite products?

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! That is so funny! I wish she would! I live for that store.

    ReplyDelete