Puff Balls

Puff Balls

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Leave in Conditioner For Moisturized, Maintained Hair!

Hello everyone,

I'm heading out solo tonight to a college dance ensemble performance and I decided to do a twist out.  What can I say?  I LOVE IT!  I have a recent Twitter conversation to thank for the moisturized, highly defined do.  During the conversation, a kind woman asked me if I was using leave in conditioner (LIC).  Sometimes, right when I wash it.  But, I realized that I NEVER use LIC to maintain my styles.  Hmm.  I decided to add it to my routine.  This time around, I wanted elongated curls so once I washed my hair, I blew it dry.  Then, I used my normal Doris New York products to do my twist-out (I've blogged about this before, let me know if you want more details) PLUS I added LIC.  I left the twists in for a few days and then loosened them to reveal beautiful, bouncing curls.  Honestly, those curls usually last for a few days and then I end up with dry hair.  The solution for me!?  At night, I've been showering my hair UNCOVERED allowing the steam to mist my hair.  After getting out of the shower, I apply a mixture of DNY LIC and coconut oil.  I then retwist my hair and leave it twisted for a few days.  I may also spritz my hair with water during this time.  This evening I untwisted my hair after trying my new routine (I coated my fingers with grapeseed oil to take out the twists.  I've found that some kind of light oil on my fingers minimizes frizz and enhances curl definition).  Let me know what you think of the results.  I LOVE IT.  Plus, my hair feels like silk.  I hope this helps you.  What do you do to maintain your hair and keep it moisturized?

The picture at the top shows my new twistout.  Below, is a pic of my twistout in 9/11.  Wow, it's growing!



Thanks!
Tina

Twist out 4/12 


Twist out 9/11


2 comments:

  1. I spray water and seal every 2 to 3 days to keep mine moisturized. I twist or braid hair up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ms. Trece! I'm realizing that water is NOT my enemy! :)

    ReplyDelete