Puff Balls

Puff Balls

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

MTV Does Hair


As we've discussed over the several months on this blog, hair matters. It affects how we feel, the image that we portray, how others receive us. It appears that we're not the only ones who accept that hair is important.

MTV is casting for an episode called "I hate my hair" on it's show "True Life". Here's the casting call (http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1610594/all-new-true-life-episodes-coming.jhtml):


TRUE LIFE: I HATE MY HAIR
Is your hair your obsession? Do you spend hours of your day and week to style and manage your hair? Are you digging yourself into a financial hole just to deal with your hair? Do you have unwanted hair, or not the "right" hair? Are you someone with a hormone imbalance that leads to hair loss, or facial hair growth?

How does your hair affect your social life? Does your hair make you feel unattractive and affect how you interact with members of the opposite sex? Do your friends and family think you are out of control with your hair obsession? Are you undergoing a procedure to alter your hair or do you go to great lengths to manage it?

If you appear to be between the ages of 15 -28 and have hair that's making you unhappy, email us at casting@lintonmedia.com and tell us about your story. Please include your name, location, phone number and recent photos of yourself.

I can happily say that I don't hate my hair...I am learning to love it in all of it's shapes (wow, still working on loving that just woke up, mashed in shape, whew!).

So, while this casting call's not for me, I wanted to share it because: 1) some one may be interested in the casting call; 2) it strikes me as interesting that MTV is interested in this topic. A few days ago, MTV even did a casting call for women going natural (see this article on The Root: http://www.theroot.com/buzz/mtv-true-life-black-women-go-natural). I couldn't find the actual MTV casting for the natural hair show so I didn't blog about it but I thought that you all might like to hear about it. What do you think? How would you like the hair stories to be portrayed? Any True Life fans out there? What do you think?

Image found at: http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://wae.blogs.starnewsonline.com/files/2011/07/mtv-logo.png&sa=X&ei=E_bwTtbSOKH20gHew_WbAg&ved=0CAsQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNE5XHuFV304mn_vLUNaGbvLvz7GuA

No comments:

Post a Comment