Puff Balls

Puff Balls

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Crazy Hair Questions

Yesterday I blogged about my sensitivity to people touching my hair. That made me start thinking about the questions and comments folks have made about my hair during my natural hair journey.

· Can I touch your hair?

· Is that your real hair?

· Aren’t dreadlocks dirty?

· How’d you get your hair like that?

· That’s a weave right?

· Black women don’t have long hair do they?

· You don’t have to wash your hair right?

· Did you put perm on your locks to get them to curl that way?

· Ew, I just don’t like locks, they look dirty.


These are but a few of the questions and comments I’ve heard many, MANY times over since I locked my hair. The thing is, most of the time the questions were asked by people I didn’t know. That’s right, strangers making comments about my hair hygiene. Of course, plenty of folks I do know have made similar comments but I know them so it has a different feeling to it.

What about you? What are some of the crazy things that folks have asked you or said about your hair? I’d love to compile a list of questions and have you all post your answers. This could be fun! J

No comments:

Post a Comment