Puff Balls

Puff Balls

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

FOUND: Excellent Hair Stylist

After multiple mishaps with hair stylists, my daughter and I finally struck gold when we visited Denise (Niecy). After the wash and condition, Niecy carefully sectioned my daughter’s hair, combed and blow-dryed each section (just like my Momma used to do! http://tropie7189.blogspot.com/2011/04/natural-hair-care-process-at-least-what.html). Niecy then oiled my daughter’s scalp (I didn’t get the name of it but it was a Mizani product, much better than the petroleum-based products used at the other salons). Niecy had asked my daughter and I for input into what we thought would be the best style. We told her: something out of her face, cute and feminine that could be put into a ponytail. Niecy then free-styled a beautiful style! Okay, so I’m still figuring out how to load the pictures but I will do so ASAP!


All I can say is that I can’t wait to see what Niecy can do with my locs. As some of you may know, I recently contemplated cutting my hair off back to a TWA (teeny weeny afro). However, several readers informed me that it’s possible to style long locs to look short (http://tropie7189.blogspot.com/2011/06/creative-loc-styles.html) so I’m about to explore those options and will blog about the results. J

No comments:

Post a Comment