Puff Balls

Puff Balls

Friday, July 8, 2011

Poofy Hair? Get Ready for a Pat Down!


Image found at: http://cdn1.newsone.com/files/2011/07/Picture-18-300x182.png


Ladies, our natural “poofy” hair may subject us to pat-downs at the airport. Think I’m joking, check out this story found at: http://newsone.com/nation/newsonestaff4/tsa-patdown-poofy-hair-laura-adieleafrican-american-woman/).


“An African-American woman who was subjected to a security pat-down at a Seattle Airport because of her “poofy” hairstyle is claiming that she was discriminated against.

Laura Adiele was pulled out of the security line after having gone through the Advance Imaging System and was told she needed a pat-down.

“When I first heard her say, ‘We’re going to have to pat you down,’ I thought she was talking about my body. I was turning around and putting my arms out and she said, ‘no, we’re going to have to examine your hair,’ and I said, ‘no, we’re not going to do that today and you’re going to have to get security or your supervisor,’” said Adiele.”

Click on the link to watch an accompanying video and let me know what you think.

3 comments:

  1. And of course she wants to make the issue a racial concern. J.F.C. If I carry any racism towards anyone, it's because of ignorant people like this one. Until minorities get out of the mindset that every derogatory action is somehow because they are a certain color or not, they'll never be equals because they refuse to look at themselves as equals. I'm a 33 year old white male and I grew up in a 90% black community in Orlando. I've been jumped 4 times, have had my house broken into several times, and have been denied jobs because I am not a minority. I have numerous personal reasons to be racist but yet I personally look at black people as equals. Did this woman do any research into the gender, race, or nationalities of the individuals that were singled out and had their hair patted before she screamed racial profiling? My girlfriend, who is white, had her hair patted down on a trip to D.C. a few months ago. She looks professional. A white woman singled her out for the inspection. Come on. Let's stop blaming people for our own personal insecurities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its outrageous to have your hair checked black or white. For the commenter above, when you walk in a black person's shoes then you can talk!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello everyone,

    Gatorguy78 and klgoodson, I truly appreciate you posting your honest opinions. I think such authentic sharing is the only way that we will be able to understand how others experience life. Please keep the comments open-minded and realize that every story always, ALWAYS has two sides. Please keep coming back! :)

    ReplyDelete