Puff Balls

Puff Balls

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Jean-Michel Basquiat: Lye


Hi everyone,

I am working on a blog post that describes a deep, emotional experience I had on my family RV trip. It's about our visit to Sullivan's Island in South Carolina. However, in order to do the experience justice, I need to do some historical research and it's taking me awhile to get the facts straight. Stay tuned for what I hope will be an interesting and informative post.

In the meantime, I wanted to share some artwork with you. It's "Lye" by Jean-Michel Basquiat. I'm watching a documentary about him on NetFlix (Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child) and this artwork popped up on the screen. All I saw was the word "lye" but that was enough to pique my interest. Sure enough, he is talking about processed hair. What does the image stir up in you? For more information about Mr. Basquait, please see: http://basquiat.com/.

Image found at: http://www.josephklevenefineartltd.com/Basquiat-Lye.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment